Fishing enthusiasts understand the importance of choosing their fishing nets and accessories carefully before they go out. The proper fishing equipment, which are available at sources like https://www.menacemarine.com.au/, ensures that you will succeed and, perhaps, bring in a catch you will be proud of day after day. For your fishing expeditions to be successful, it is critical you identify functional nets and other requirements.
No matter the scope of your fishing activities and intention, an absolute requirement is a net. Below is a guide to one of the most purchased fishing nets by Australian recreational and professional fishermen–the landing net.
Considerations for purchasing landing nets
Both online and offline, you will find different types of landing nets, and there are a few things you should consider before buying one. As you look at a landing net, consider:
- Netting material – The most common materials are rubber, nylon, and non-coated nylon. In addition, the netting can either be knotless or knotted.
- Mesh size – Identify the actual size you require for the mesh because micro-mesh or small sizes are preferable when you are going for small fish species. The larger the mesh of the net, the easier it is to move in the water. So, the mesh size you choose depends on the fish you are targeting for harvesting.
- Hoop size and shape – Hoop size depends on the size of fish you are targeting, and if you intend to capture different sizes of fish, you will need to have more nets.
- Handle material and length – Online shops like the one at https://www.menacemarine.com.au/ stock different types of handles for landing nets. A short handle is good enough for catching fish close to you, while the longer varieties are best when harvesting in some large water mass. The main handle materials available are aluminium and fibreglass, with some combined with wood materials.
The different types of landing nets
The landing net is not only essential for recreational purposes, but also for commercial fishing. Some of the most common types are:
- Mesh landing net – Spotting a shape like a basketball hoop net, this type of net has the ending closed. The material used for mesh landing nets should be durable and strong to ensure that you have an enjoyable fishing expedition.
- Rubber landing net – This type of net spots a similar design and shape to the mesh net, but features different materials. Rubber landing nets are most popular for walleye fishermen because of there convenience and easy use configuration without the risk of losing them.
- Dip landing net – This is actually the extended version of the landing net. Distinguishing features include a larger opening and a long handle. Dip landing nets have durable mesh made from knotless nylon or aluminium. That said, you still have the option of choosing the best material depending on the size of the fish you are harvesting.
Get your fishing accessories
Recent innovations mean that you will find landing nets with sliding, folding, or telescoping handles. These models allow easy storage during transportation.
Find the perfect landing nets and accessories at https://www.menacemarine.com.au/. The website also contains critical information on how you can make your fishing expeditions much more enjoyable and profitable–both for personal and commercial purposes.